Filial Therapy Parenting Course
This 7-week self-guided filial therapy course is a research-based parenting course that teaches parents and caregivers how to use some of the same ‘tools of the trade’ that play therapists use to help children experiencing social, emotional, or behavioural problems. This course is for parents who want to learn more effective ways of connecting to, understanding and regulating their child.
This online training will help you regain control as a parent, help your child develop self-control and increase confidence, teach effective discipline & limit setting of inappropriate behaviour, increase your understanding of your child’s emotional needs, and help you communicate more effectively with your child.
Presented by clinical play therapist, child and family specialist and consultant, Sian Chambers-Vallance.
What is this course about?
Meet me, Sian, your course instructor. Myself and my husband Tony are the proud founders of Building Better Brains Australia, committed to supporting parents, teachers and mental health professionals using evidence based strategies to help build better brains for the generation in our care.
What will you learn from this course?
- Evidence-based strategies, scripts, and practical tools for regaining control as a parent.
- Therapeutic tools to help your child develop self-control and practice making better choices.
- Ways to support your child in increasing confidence and decreasing anxiety.
- Effective discipline & limit-setting strategies for inappropriate behaviours.
- To increase your understanding of your child’s emotional needs, and help you communicate more effectively with your child.
- To learn strategies to help coregulate anxiety and build self esteem and resiliency in your child.
Who is this course for?
- Parents of children experiencing social, emotional, or behavioural concerns.
- We teach effective evidenced based tools and strategies to aid: meltdowns, early trauma experiences, anxiety, separation anxiety, depression, hyperactivity, chronic illness or disability, inattention, oppositional behaviours, aggression, attachment issues, school refusal, attention deficit problems, and selective mutism.
What does this course include?
- Over 4 hours of engaging and informative video content.
- Lots of practical activities, scripts, role plays and reflection tasks to support your learning.
- Downloadable and printable slides for you to use as you follow along.
Save over $500!
Get access to over 4 hours of Sian's therapy, parenting, and consultancy expertise for only $347.
Parent Filial Therapy sessions with Sian are usually $165 per session so sign up today to save over $500.
Join us to access over 4 hours of video content, plus tons of practical activities, scripts, role plays and reflection exercises!
Join the course for only $347
See What Others Have to Say About Our Workshops
"These resources have not only been helpful for me, personally (and my family), but I’ve been sharing them with my clients and encouraging them to join your Facebook pages for further information & resources.”
“Training was really practical with theory behind it. Really good balance.”
“Thanks so much. Your talks have been really helpful.”
Meet Your Instructor
You will be learning from Sian Chambers-Vallance who brings over 25 years of professional and personal experience as a leading expert in her field and as a parent.
Clinical Play Therapist, Creative Counsellor, Consultant and Trainer, Parent Educator, Yoga and Mindfulness teacher, Brain geek and Play and Creativity Advocate.